Communities In Schools (CIS) is the largest employer of social workers in Tarrant County and this area's home for social workers. In fact, CIS may provide you with a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to be part of an organization with a mission that is nothing but pure social work. Furthermore, working with over 80 service-provider partners, CIS social workers have an unparalleled opportunity to see social work in all of its forms….a perfect way to find what makes your heart hum.
Communities In Schools has been recognized by the Fort Worth Chamber of Commerce as a “Best Workplaces for Women” employer and by the "Non-Profit Times" as a best place to work for.
Top of the line benefits package:
• Fully-paid health, dental and vision insurance
• Paid life insurance
• Long-term disability insurance
• Employee assistance program
• Professional liability insurance
• School holidays + four weeks paid summer vacation
• CIS sponsored CEUs
• 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
The values of Communities In Schools are Accountability, Integrity, Collaboration, Equity, and Excellence. Furthermore, CISGTC values diversity and inclusion at all levels of the agency. Therefore, people of all backgrounds and abilities are encouraged to apply.
Mental Health Counselor-
Position Description: The Mental Health Counselor is responsible for managing the day-to-day implementation and operation of the CIS Mental Health Supports program for a caseload of up to 30 students at a time. Provide school-based individual and group counseling services for the expected number of students and their families. Work closely with school staff, CIS Program Manager (if available), community organizations, parents/families, and students to assure coordination of the community’s services for the benefit of the students and families. Achieve District MOU requirements and implement local policies and procedures.
- Licensed Professional (LCSW, LPC, or LMFT) status required, or Licensed Master Social Worker status under supervision by an LCSW required
- Experience practicing counseling, required
- Experience working with diverse populations, required
- Experience working as a CIS Program Manager, preferred
- Spanish speaking, preferred
Certificates and Licenses:
- LCSW, LPC, or LMFT, preferred, but will consider an LMSW (under the active supervision of an approved LCSW)
Email resume to email@example.com
Communities In Schools GTC
5601 Bridge Street
Fort Worth, Texas 76112
No Phone Calls Please