Communities In Schools (CIS) is the largest employer of social workers in Tarrant County and this area's home for social workers. In fact, CIS may provide you with a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to be part of an organization with a mission that is nothing but pure social work. Furthermore, working with over 80 service-provider partners, CIS social workers have an unparalleled opportunity to see social work in all of its forms….a perfect way to find what makes your heart hum.
Communities In Schools has been recognized by the Fort Worth Chamber of Commerce as a “Best Workplaces for Women” employer and by the "Non-Profit Times" as a best place to work for.
Top of the line benefits package:
• Fully-paid health, dental and vision insurance
• Paid life insurance
• Long-term disability insurance
• Employee assistance program
• Professional liability insurance
• School holidays + four weeks paid summer vacation
• CIS sponsored CEUs
• 403-b retirement plan with company matching
Director of Annual Giving
Position Summary: The Director of Annual Giving is responsible for the annual giving fundraising activities for CIS and its’ foundation. With a significant focus on raising unrestricted dollars, the Director of Annual Giving will be expected to maintain a sizable prospect pool and solicit gifts up to $10,000 from individuals on an ongoing basis. Concurrently, they will focus on building relationships with prospects and existing donors through one on one interactions. This position will oversee all aspects of the development process with respect to annual donors including prospect identification and qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of philanthropic community in Fort Worth/Greater Tarrant County.
- Self-starter and goal-driven with strong desire to get out of the office and initiate donor visits and fundraising calls.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills; Ability to effectively articulate the mission/vision of CIS and a demonstrated experience in working with individuals who have philanthropic capacity.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- At least 3-5 years of experience in fund development with emphasis on direct fund solicitation
See full description here.
Please email resume and cover letter to Rachel Kreidler, VP of Development
Position Description: Provide individual supportive guidance and case management for CIS students from inside public schools, intervene in crises experienced by students and their families, conduct home visits, encourage parental involvement in program activities, provide transportation for students and their families as needed, promote cooperation between faculty, school administration and the CIS team.
Qualifications: Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Social Work (REQUIRED), one year experience in social service preferred; strong interpersonal and communication skills; desire to work with at-risk youth; sensitivity to and awareness of unique needs of minority cultures and diverse ethnic group; must have valid Texas driver’s license.
Email resume to Lauren.firstname.lastname@example.org
Communities In Schools GTC
5601 Bridge Street
Fort Worth, Texas 76112
No Phone Calls Please